Pizza is one of the main foods that people who are on a diet or a general health routine avoid. But you don’t have to entirely avoid this delicious comfort food! There are healthy pizzas that taste great and this is one of them.
Makes: 6 servings
Active Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough, preferably whole-wheat
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup water
- 5 ounces arugula ,any tough stems removed, chopped (about 6 cups)
- Pinch of salt
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup prepared pesto
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Position oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to about the size of the baking sheet. Transfer to the baking sheet. Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli and water in a large skillet over medium heat, covered, until the broccoli is crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in arugula and cook, stirring, until wilted, 1 to 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread pesto evenly over the crust, top with the broccoli mixture and sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crispy and golden and the cheese is melted, 8 to 10 minutes.
Per serving: 323 calories; 13 g fat ( 4 g sat , 7 g mono ); 19 mg cholesterol; 33 g carbohydrates; 15 g protein; 3 g fiber; 511 mg sodium; 241 mg potassium.
Nutrition Bonus: Vitamin C (45% daily value), Calcium (34% dv), Vitamin A (31% dv).
Carbohydrate Servings: 2
Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 medium fat meat, 1 1/2 fat